Thursday 15 October 2015

What? So What? Now What?


WHAT?

















Today I learned the different components needed to make an enticing media ad. Some of the components include to consider the product, purchaser, pitch, placement, and how it is presented. I got the chance to make my own magazine ad, which showed me how easy it can be to get people to buy things by basically telling them what they want to hear and telling them what to buy. You have to do this by making it interesting and exciting! I also learned that I am a Taste-Maker digital media teacher. This means that I want my students to be passionate about learning the real facts in regards to the sciences, history, art, culture and society through the use of media messages. 












SO WHAT?

It is important to understand the different components of advertising because then it allows us to be aware of the tactics that are being used on us so that we aren't easily suckered in to buying something we really don't need. Media advertising is also important because it gives us ideas of how we can create educational videos so that they are enticing to the viewer while being educational at the same time. Taking the test to find out what type of media teacher I am is important because it may give me an idea as to how I will approach teaching about media in the classroom. 


WHAT NEXT?

As a teacher, it is extremely important to teach students about media ad techniques that are used against them. Children today see thousands of ads a week and I think that as a teacher it is one of my responsibilities to teach students to be aware of the subtle tricks that ad companies make. On the other hand, it could also open student's minds up about how to make an enticing ad. Perhaps when a student makes his or her own media video, they can incorporate some of the techniques that ad companies use as well in order to make their video interesting and exciting! As a teacher I also think it is important to figure out how I want to utilize technology in the classroom and for what purposes. After taking the test, I realize that I truly care about my students learning through media. The results tell me that my views on technology in the classroom have immensely changed and that I do want to incorporate it as much as a I can so that learning can be enhanced and engaging. Not only is using media important to help teach regular school subjects, but media can be used to teach about media. It can be used as a learning tool to teach about the safety of the internet and even about the dangers and successes of advertising companies. I can use the information from the test to remember to teach students that media can present fact and can also present fiction. Not all information with media is correct and it is always important to be skeptical. I can teach students about the importance of being skeptical with subjects and not to believe everything they see or read. However, I think that these test results show me that there are other important things to consider while teaching about media as well, such as the positive attributes of designing and creating one's own work. 


No comments:

Post a Comment